Wednesday, June 6, 2007

A different perspective

I'm visiting the Mt Pleasant branch for a few days as part of our reference staff exchange. All those questions we at Main send off to other departments (AV, Fiction, Young Adult, etc) are handled at one service point. Also all reference-related phone calls are routed to this point as well. It's been a marvelous exercise for my brain but I was relieved when my desk shift ended at 3:00.

I'm also meeting our frequent ILL requestors who were just names on paper. When I called people yesterday to pick up items, those I spoke to were thrilled to hear that their books were in. A few came in within the hour to retrieve their items, and all were pleased with the service. This has been a great experience!

And many thanks to those who are soldiering on in ILL while I'm here - I appreciate your help!