Thursday, October 25, 2007

Applying Tech Trek 2.0 to real life

Over the last year or two I have been compiling a list of items in OCLC that have "Charleston County Library" listed next to them - but that CCPL does not own. I've been putting my findings into a spreadsheet on my hard drive, but this week's Tech Trek quest has inspired me to try to create a file in an online application. It was surprisingly easy to upload, and took less than a minute to do so in spite of the size of the file.

I will continue to add to this file as we reject requests to lend items that we no longer own. I am also comparing our collection decade by decade with the catalog as I have time - working on 1921-1930 at this time.

If you're interested, take a look - over 2,400 items listed.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pMy4FPsw9OU7HQSKtjqnmLA&hl=en

No comments: